Travel and Outreach Programs
Planning for our 2020/2021 Comparative Civilizations Program is gearing up. For this, our 13th anniversary year, we would like to invite you to consider becoming an important part of the legacy. The CompCiv Team always marvels at how the Spirit of God year after year transforms the life of each student who participates in this adventure BASED ON THE DIVINE APPOINTMENT GOD HAS FOR EACH YEAR’S ENCOUNTERS.
If you plan to join us, prepare to have your perspectives on faith and life recalibrated, as you become part of a travelling community who through a wondrous exploration of history and culture will encounter the revitalizing truths of God¹s historical master plan. In short, this is more than a program featuring a cool trip overseas. It is an intensely spiritual and life-affirming experience.
Please note that you can earn a minimum of 12 credits by choosing at least three courses from the following Comparative Civilizations Program course list:
- CompCiv - Art Studio 12 (with overseas travel)
- CompCiv - Christian Studies 12 (with overseas travel)
- CompCiv - Comparative Cultures 12 (with overseas travel)
- CompCiv - Philosophy 12 (with overseas travel)
- CompCiv - World Religions 12 (with overseas travel)
Each study/travel course combo is designed to best fit your particular interests and transcript needs.
Tentative Dates: 12 days** in the last three weeks of March 2020.
Program Fee: $4000.00**
- We will hold a detailed INFO Night in mid-September. Time and Date: TBA
- A verbal commitment is required by October 8, 2020
- A $1500 non-refundable deposit is due October 13, 2020
Application Process: To register for this program please follow these steps:
- Log into your ENCOM account
- Click Select Courses
- Select the courses with the CompCiv prefix in the Grade 12 course selection list (typing 'CompCiv' in the Course Search bar will list the relevant courses)
Eric Vanee or your Grad Advisor can assist you with course selection if needed. Lord willing, this year our trip will focus on major destinations in Israel, Greece, Rome, and Paris**. It will be a fast-paced adventure filled with wonder and excitement.
Contact for more Information: Eric Vanee <email@example.com>
**In view of circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, trip length, price, and exact locations are approximate until such time as we can navigate uncertainty surrounding international travel.
GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP PROGRAM (MEXICO)
A Global Citizen is someone who is aware of and understands the wider world - and their place it. GCP encourages students to develop the experience, knowledge, skills and Biblically based values they need to engage with the world and make a difference. GCP is a leadership program that uses the opportunities of a cross-cultural international setting to increase student learning potential.
Grade 11 and 12 High School students travel for six weeks to Oaxaca, Mexico and are involved in academic, service and outreach work.
Go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKa_DipI8Ck&t=7s for a video summary of a previous year's Global Citizenship trip.
- Dates: April 22, 2020 to June 1, 2020
- Program Fee: $3975.00 E-transfers, cheques, and Credit Cards can be used
- Applications: Available upon request after June 5. Early admission with a reduced rate is October 10.
- Contact for more Information: Gordon Robideau <firstname.lastname@example.org>
ADVENTURE DISCIPLESHIP PROGRAM (BC OUTDOORS)
Are you a gr.10-12 student who is wanting to challenge yourself in faith, life and adventure in the wild of God’s Creation, and earn high school credits while doing so?
If so, then you may want to consider the Adventure Discipleship Program with HCOS.
The Adventure Discipleship Program provides students a chance to work toward up to 14 credits towards their grad program completion. Students work toward credit for PE, Applied Skills, Christian Studies and Leadership, while also preparing for (and participating in!) a week long backpacking trip. Previous trip locations have included the South Chilcotin Mountains, Cape Scott, Strathcona, and the Nootka Trail.
Imagine…a week backpacking in God’s wild with fellow students and professional guides…as part of your school year!
For more information or to sign-up please contact James Nelson <email@example.com>.